Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD): Eastern Europe Programme
- international junior researchers and post-graduates
- who have completed their studies in their home countries and wish to spend a research stay or broaden their scientific knowledge in Germany or
- who wish to carry out post-graduate studies in Germany (including training for qualified physicians) or
- who wish to complete a 24-month Master's programme.
- higher-education teaching staff invited to do short-term research stays of up to 6 months in Germany.
- students carrying out a Master’s course in their home countries who are planning a regular research stay at a German higher-education institution of 1 semester. The stay in Germany should mainly aim at material gathering and interchange with German teaching staff within the context of the Magister/Master or Diploma thesis to be completed in the candidates’ home countries. Academic recognition of periods of study spent at the German higher-education institution in the country of origin should be ensured. Sponsorships are awarded to students from any subject area (with the exception of theology).
In addition, a German language course up to level B1 or C1 for those who need it can be funded upon request. The language course can either precede your studies in Germany or run alongside your studies at the place of study. For courses before the start of the study programme, the duration should not exceed 6 months.