The fellowship amounts to 3,000 EUR, offering the candidates the opportunity to carry out their own long-term research projects (6 to 18 months) in cooperation with academic hosts of their choice at research institutions in Germany. The sponsorship entails further benefits and may be flexibly divided into a maximum of 3 visits within a range of 3 years. Short-term visits for study and training purposes or for attending conferences are not eligible for sponsorship.
Number of Scholarships
- mobility lump sum
- payments towards health and liability insurance
- travel allowance
- language grant
- allowance for accompanying family members
- for single-parent fellows: fixed allowance for accompanying children
- option to extend the research grant, if the fellow is accompanied by children under the age of 12
- research cost allowance
- Europe allowance
- extensive alumni sponsorship
The Selection Committee responsible for reviewing applications to this programme meets every March, July and November.