Bază de date cu oferte de burse
Informații despre ofertele de burse ale DAAD pentru studenți, absolvenți, doctoranzi și cadre didactice universitare precum și oferte de burse ale altor organizații de finanțare.
Research Grants – One-Year Grants for Doctoral Candidates • DAAD
Who can apply?
- are already taking a doctoral degree
- are not yet taking a doctoral degree and you have already completed a Master's degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor's degree, at the latest by the time the funding period begins.
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for between 7 and a maximum of 12 months. Please indicate in your application how long you wish to receive funding. The funding period will then be determined during the selection process by a selection committee. The committee takes into account your study plan.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
861 euros if you do not yet have a Master's degree,
1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- One-off research allowance
- monthly rent subsidy
- monthly allowance for accompanying family members. Please also read our important information for scholarship applicants / section F, point 3.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
To enable you to learn German in preparation for your stay in Germany, DAAD offers the following services:
- Payment of course fees for an online language course after receipt of the Scholarship Award Letter
- if necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) before the start of the research stay in Germany; the DAAD decides whether to fund the grant holder's participation and for how long depending on language skills and project. If a language course scholarship is granted and the working language at the host institute is German, participation is compulsory. Due to the pandemic, German courses may take place online.
- Allowance for a personally chosen German language course during the funding period
- Reimbursement of the fee for a TestDaF or DSH test, which you can take either in your home country after you have received your Scholarship Award Letter or in Germany during your funding period.
The selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements (grade point average, development of grades)
- Academic progress
- Knowledge of the language of instruction or working language
- If applicable, scholarly achievements after graduation, (e.g. publications, lectures, conference papers)
- Quality of research proposal and preparation (originality, topicality and relevance of the project, choice of host institution and first contacts)
- Feasibility and consistency of study plan and schedule (analysis and evaluation stages)
- Incorporation of project within the overall doctorate (in terms of content and time), if relevant
- Career prospects: significance of the research project and stay in Germany for further academic, professional and personal development
- Motivation: academic and personal reasons for wanting to visit Germany, German language skills (if different from working language)
- Non-study-related activities: non-study-related knowledge and skills, civic engagement
The selection committee also gives due consideration to equal opportunities; you can provide relevant information in the application form.
For more information on the selection procedure, go to Important Scholarship Information / Section E.